ABOUT OUR CAKES
Unlike many of the cakes you may have seen, Sweet Sisters cakes are created 100% by hand. All piping, "stitching", paisley patterns, detailed scrolling, bordering and filigree are created with a pastry bag. This hand-designed craft is losing its position in the art of fine cake decorating. Our cake and cookie decorations, such as sugar flowers, chocolate graphics, chocolate flowers, sugar bows, appliqués and ornamentation are also hand-created.
We do not create sculpted cakes because Chef Karam-Putt believes that this would compromise the quality of her cakes; including the moist, delicate cake layers and fresh, delicious fillings and icing options she offers. What we will do is sculpt 3D sugar images to decorate the outside and on top of your cake. After all, what you and your guests want to enjoy is real cake!
We strongly suggest choosing our butter cream as your first choice in icing! Made with real butter and made to perfection, our customers are always pleasantly surprised of its look and taste. Not overly sweet, never gritty or greasy, it is far from the flavorless and rubbery texture of rolled fondant. Using her years of classical icing techniques, Chef Karam-Putt can achieve the exact smoothness of fondant with butter cream. It takes up to one year of daily training for her to teach her pastry school graduate assistants to ice cakes properly . . . before they even pick up a pastry bag!
Sweet Sisters cakes and desserts are made to order fresh and are NEVER frozen. Cakes, cookies and desserts are made from scratch using generous amounts of real butter, eggs, heavy cream, Tahitian vanilla, fresh nuts, fresh seasonal fruits and minimal amounts of sugar. All our baking chocolate is of the highest quality, imported from Belgium. We never use artificial flavorings, mixes or stabilizers. It is important that cake flavors, fillings and textures compliment and enliven each other and our taste buds!
Please ask us to email you our menu of the latest selections of cookies, pastries, and chocolate dipped fruits
Here is a menu of our always fresh and delicious cake choices.
- Our cakes are 3 layers of cake with 2 layers of filling. Liquor and nuts are optional.
- Spongecake - Chocolate or vanilla, lemon or orange scented.
- Hazelnut, Pistachio or Almond Genoise: Spongecake made with finely ground roasted nuts instead of flour.
- Devil's Food Cake
- Carrot, Banana Cake or Fresh Apple Raisin Cake: Nuts optional.
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Very Light Spice Cake
- Chantilly Cream: Most Popular. Light and refreshing. Best accompanied by seasonal fruit.
- Mousse: Belgian dark chocolate, white chocolate, mocha, peanut butter, Amaretto, pumpkin, plus more.
- Seasonal fruit mousses: Made with ONLY fresh fruit! Raspberry, strawberry, peach, lemon, lemon-orange, lemon-lime.
- Exotic fruit mousses: Mango, passion fruit, apricot
- Chocolate Truffle: Rich, dense or whipped light.
- Orange scented Cream Cheese or Maple Cream Cheese
- Tahitian Vanilla Butter cream: Made with real sweet butter
- Ganache: Semi-sweet chocolate glaze.